River Rafting Trips: 5 Best Destinations
If you're looking to take a river rafting trip, here are the 5 best destinations. From the beautiful and adventurous Colorado Arkansas River to the raging Yangtze River, there are many great river rafting destinations to choose between.
- Colorado’s Arkansas River. Colorado’s Arkansas River clearly makes the list of the five best destinations for river rafting trips. According to Arkansas River Outfitters Association, Colorado’s Arkansas River is the most popular rafting river in America. Along with being the most popular river rafting destination, it also boasts class IV and V rapids.
- Zambezi River. If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, be sure to raft the raging Zambezi River in Zimbabwe. Along with featuring raging rapids, this river is also extremely long and difficult to tackle. Be aware that the Zambezi River is only for professional or experienced river rafting enthusiasts.
- Upper Gauley River. The thrilling Upper Gauley River is another top five destination for river rafting trips. If you’re looking for a scenic, adventurous river rafting destination, the Upper Gauley River is the perfect place to be. According to the West Virginia Professional River Outfitters Association, the Gauley River boasts over 100 rapids ranging from class III to V rapids.
- Yangtze River. Located in the beautiful country of China, the Yangtze River is one of the best river rafting destinations. Along with featuring raging rapids, the Yangtze River also boasts scenic views. The river will take you along towering mountains, terraced fields and stone villages.
- Futaleufu River. The breathtakingly gorgeous Futaleufu River is easily another of the five best destinations for river rafting trips. According to FutaFriends, the Futaleufu River boasts turquoise blue waters, a pristine landscape, dramatic mountains and peaceful green valleys. FutaFriends also reports that the river draws over 20,000 tourists every year, therefore be ready to share the river with other river rafting junkies.