The "Rock Band 3" song list has the most music to date and is the newest installment of the well known Harmonix series "Rock Band," which was released in October 2010. Trying to stay on top of the music game scene and to help people who love the "Rock Band" series finally learn instruments, Harmonix created new peripherals once again for this installment. The new peripherals include a keyboard, a pro guitar (which is basically a real guitar) and a three piece cymbal set for the drum kit to make it play like the real thing. The soundtrack for "Rock Band 3" is filled with 83 tracks all of which are pro guitar ready and most for keys. It is difficult to go through such an immense listing of music for the best, but here are ten of the best songs on the disc.
- "Rock Lobster" by The B-52s Although this song can be considered annoying to some, the guitar is a blast to play and the song allows for new keyboard players to get a feel for the instrument without really worrying about failing out.
- "Misery Business" by Paramore Fun to play and it is always fun to see a male vocalist sing along to Paramore. The guitar line is not incredibly difficult but will show players the new learning curve for the original peripherals and what will be expected of them by the time they reach the hardest songs on the track list.
- "Lasso" by Phoenix Fast paced and enjoyable on all instruments. This song will not push the limits of the gamer but with the short play time of the song and the catchy sound it is hard to not enjoy playing it.
- "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake This classic power ballad is hard to play without smiling. The song is bound to remind "Rock Band" players of movies from the past few years and horrible haircuts from the '80s.
- "Dead End Friends" by Them Crooked Vultures Truly a wonderful song to play on all instruments. Not only is there is decent challenge rating on the song, the gamers will feel it in their fingers with how fast they have to move them during the duration.
- "Portions for Foxes" by Rilo Kiley An interesting song from a not so well known band. There are surprisingly difficult guitar chords toward the end of the song and wonderful keyboard challenges throughout.
- "Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold "Rock Band" gamers who used to play "Guitar Hero" may be familiar with this tune and its amazingly fast rhythm and difficult guitar solos. This song is bound to keep many gamers practicing and wanting to use their pro guitar to learn how to really play such an impressive guitar piece.
- "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osborne One of Ozzy's most known songs finally found its way to the "Rock Band" disc. The song is difficult on all instruments that it is able to be played on and even has a few in game challenges tied to it. Good luck getting over 85 percent on all of the solos in this song.
- "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age Queens of the Stone Age are no stranger to the "Rock Band" world and this well known song does not disappoint. As always, the drum line and guitar parts to their songs are difficult yet surprisingly fun to play. Do not miss this track.
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen One of the most requested songs ever on a music game has finally appeared. The keyboard part is definitely the stand out in this track forcing the gamer to play the piano line to one of the most recognizable songs that Queen ever made. There is a reason it in the most difficult tier for Keyboard.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...