Rock Band Songs
"Rock Band" appeared in the gaming scene in November 2007 and it's impossible to have these great games without these "Rock Band" songs. Harmonix added drum and vocal peripherals to an already established music gaming genre that had been introduced by "Guitar Hero" in previous years. These new peripherals gave "Rock Band" an edge over other music titles. Being paired with a total of 58 songs on the core game with hundreds of downloadable songs for the gamers to enjoy would be sure to keep gamers attention for a long time to follow. It is hard to thumb through so many songs without stumbling across a few that aren't great. Regardless, these are the ten songs that reign supreme on the default song list.
- "Say It Aint So" by Weezer Although simple to play, this song allows gamers to get a feel for the instruments and included a simple guitar solo that allowed for players to feel what the guitar may be capable of.
- "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi This well-known tune could carry a "Rock Band" of players deep into the night singing along with Bon Jovi and shredding their guitars to their heart content.
- "Run To The Hills" by Iron Maiden This more complex song begins to push the envelope of what a drummer has to do to be successful on expert. There are many drum runs tied into difficult guitar parts that require heavy practice to be the best.
- "Foreplay/Long Time" by Boston The song begins with a difficult yet enjoyable drum line that melds into a fun song filled with guitar solos and amazingly high pitched vocals.
- "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers Not necessarily a difficult song to play, the vocals being a steady rhythm on top of fun guitar lines and a solid drum line makes for a fun song to play with a full "Rock Band."
- "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go The song was a nice break from some of the more difficult tracks on "Rock Band," giving the band a chance to relax and actually enjoy the music.
- "Highway Star" by Deep Purple A rhythm guitarist's dream mixed with impressively difficult guitar solos toward the end of the track made for an amazingly enjoyable song that may have not been known to the whole "Rock Band" community right out of the gate.
- "Learn to Fly" by The Foo Fighters This well-known song is not difficult to play, but has many small sections that could surprise a gamer making them want to return to it to get the best score possible.
- "Go with the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age Focusing on a difficult drum part, the song forced gamers to notice the elaborate rhythms built into the song and work well as a band.
- "Green Grass and High Tides" by The Outlaws By far the most difficult song on the "Rock Band" disc. The track is riddled with guitar solos and has an elaborate bass line and an incredibly consistent drum beat. This track is the closer to the game and rightly so.
There are many other great songs on the "Rock Band" disc, but these ten truly take the cake. They help to remind gamers why "Rock Band" started to win the music game wars back in 2007.