The Rock quotes show why Dwyane Johnson rose from the ranks in the WWE to become the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Wrestlers like Hulk Hogan, Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Ric Flair and Stone Cold Steve Austin made careers out of their catch phrases, no reason The Rock should be any different. Raw or Smackdown never could get enough of the Great One’s signature slams against his opponents and anyone who got in his way. The grandson of “High Chief” Peter Maivia and son of Rocky Johnson certainly made a name for himself in the business of wrestling, and has become one of the most bankable action movie stars since.
- “Just bring it!” The Rock’s signature quote to any jabroni who dared to challenge his reign as the top dog in the yard. The catch phrase was so popular that the WWE made t-shirts that sold like hot cakes to the fans. Not only tha, but those three simple words also graced their video game title “WWF Smackdown! Just Bring It!” in November 19, 2001.
- “Layeth the smacketh down on your candy ass.” Nothing says ruthless aggression like this Rock’s quote telling a punk what his future plans entail. Wrestlers are not known for being clairvoyant but this quote is a promise like no other. Of course, it didn’t take Vince McMahon long to put this quote on a t-shirt to make more cash.
- “Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?” No Rock promo would be complete without this quote to cap off a poetic slam of epic proportions. There is not a place in the world or arena out there that will not join the man in this closer. Of course, the Brahma Bull does get annoyed by the copy cat antics to the point when he reminds you, “This ain’t a sing-a-long with the Rock!”
- “Know your role and shut your mouth!” Sometimes there were certain people at work who got on the Rock’s nerves whenever he tried to communicate to the people with his many popular quotes. From Vince McMahon to Michael Cole, he needed to remind these individuals there is only one man the fans paid to see. And the rest is sports entertainment quote history.
- “Finally … the Rock has come back to ____!” Fill in the blank of this quote to whatever city the Rock happens to show up to acknowledge the millions and millions of his fans everywhere he went. The WWE universe cannot resist a shout out from the Great One each time he enters the ring. Wherever the Rock shows up, those words are surely to follow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.