Rock Radio Stations
There are literally hundreds of rock radio stations. What is more is the subgenre of rock stations to add to the previous hundred. Rock is a prolific style of music and covers a myriad of definitions. However, for the purist, rock is simple. These five top rock stations offer the simplest of rock music: hard driving, entertaining and undoubtedly rock. Here's our list of the five best rock stations.
- 106.7 KROQ: Originally a Christian station, this soon became the station heard around the world. KROQ out of Pasadena, California is the most inexhaustible rock station on the planet. Noted for its alternative rock flair, KROQ has launched many a career. If you love your music and some history, then this is the place to dial in, KROQ.
- 100.XR New York: This is the finest in New York and one of the best rock stations on the globe. True to its rock roots, 100.XR smokes all things hard rock and slipstream. They have a great DJ rotation with less talk and more rock. They are a very entertaining crew, though, when they do chat.
- 101.1 WJRR: Orlando, Florida has never rocked harder than what comes from the waves sent over WJRR. Boasting perhaps one of the best prime time rock DJs, this station is an international hard rock draw. You will enjoy some underground and local flair as well from this rock station, and never a disappointing tune.
- 90.5 The Edge: This is the heaviest of the heavy with a death metal twist and dark sounds to keep the gloom flowing. Nothing is harder on the air waves or over the internet; if you love your metal then you have to give this station a listen. This is one of the best sites as well for fun, games and up to date rock news.
- 94.5 The Buzz: You know the saying, “Everything is bigger in Texas?” When it comes to rock and Texas, then there is nothing bigger than this internationally listened to rock station, “The Buzz.” True to its rock roots, your speakers will be abuzz with smooth rock tunes and a superb DJ set. Check them out; they are another finest this country has to offer to the rock aficionado.