Ronaldinho: 5 Best Free Kicks
Many consider Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho one of the best free kick takers in the world. Not only is he an exceptional dribbler but also a master in free kicks. More than once, football stadiums were in awe of the dazzling power of Ronaldinho’s strike. The player’s sheer ingenuity is breath taking. He is well known for his powerful kicks and the skill to curve the ball when he shoots. Here are Ronaldinho’s five best free kicks that sparked off pure excitement among fans.
- In 2002, when he was playing for Paris Saint-Germain, Ronaldinho’s scored a spectacular goal against Marseille with a memorable free kick. This tremendous talent in kicking the ball with pinpoint accuracy stayed with him throughout his career. Even today, his skills amaze us.
- Gaúcho, as he was known in Brazil, made another stunning performance at the 2002 World Cup when he scored a mind-blowing free kick against David Seamen, the English goalkeeper. Brazil’s victory meant participation in the semi-finals. There was thunderous applause for Ronaldinho!
- One of the most memorable moments was during the Barcelona versus Athletico Bilbao game in the La Liga Match. Ronaldinho’s stunning free kick scored not only a goal but also a victory for Barcelona that day.
- Ronaldinho now plays for AC Milan where he will extend the deal for another three years. He is a real asset for the Italians. This year in May, Ronaldinho scored a superb free kick in the AC Milan vs. Fiorentina game. The goal made AC Milan triumphant with a 1-0 score.
- However, that wasn’t the only success for Ronaldinho with AC Milan. In the UEFA Cup competition, Ronaldinho saved the day in the AC Milan-Portsmouth game. When everything seemed lost, Ronaldinho produced an incredible free kick saving the face of the Italian team in a glorious moment. What a crushing victory that was brought about by an excellent soccer player!