The rules of scenario paintball change with different variations of the game. Unlike simple paintball, scenario paintball is considered a Think Tank Paintball Game, which is far more complex than a simple Elimination Game in small areas. The following basic rules for scenario paintball apply to all its many variations.
- General scenario paintball safety and goggle rules. Players are required to use common-sense safety when moving through the terrain. If ID cards are issued, players are required to wear them. A “3-strike” system will preclude a player from continuing the game after 3 violations. Players are required to wear insurance-approved scenario paintball goggles at all times. Refusal to do so will cost the player 2 strikes.
- Scenario Paintball gun safety rules. Players will use a bright-colored barrel blocking devise on their paintball guns when they are not in use. Paintball guns must be chronographed to 285 feet per second, and no modification to increase velocity will be tolerated.
- Scenario Paintball play area rules. Boundaries must be clearly marked and should be as straight as possible. Players are forbidden from shooting across boundary lines. The entry point (EP) to the game will be clearly marked as well, and players must not fire within 50 feet of that area. Each team will have one Dead Zone (DZ), which will remain off limits to the opposing team. No firing is allowed within 50 feet of the Dead Zone, and players are required to replace the bright barrel blocking device on their paintball guns while in the Dead Zone.
- Rules for scenario paintball hits, neutrals and freeze. A player is considered marked when he is hit by a paintball mark that is larger than the diameter of a paintball (1/8 inch).A player becomes neutral when he is eliminated or during a referee’s paint gun check. The player is required to raise his hands and not communicate with anyone, while other players are forbidden to shot him. In an emergency, a player should yell “Freeze!” 3 times and other players should echo the call. The game then stops until the referee assesses the situation.
- Rules for scenario paintball surrender and elimination. If a player comes within 20 feet of another and has a clear shot, he must first offer surrender. If the other player moves or fails to respond within 3 seconds, the first player may shoot. A player who get eliminated must raise his hands over his head and yell “Hit!” or “Out!”. He must leave the playing field and raising his gun up until he can put a barrel blocking device over it. The player is not allowed to communicate with anyone from this point on. In some variations of the game, eliminated players are permitted to return to the game if they can eliminate all paint marks from their clothing within 5 minutes.
- Rules for “wounded” players. When a player receives a hit in an arm, leg or on his equipment, he must call out “wounded!”. If a medic reaches him within 60 seconds, the player can choose to stay in the game and communicate with other players, but he is forbidden from shooting. If he is marked again, he is automatically eliminated. Any player can help a wounded player to a safe location, but the two must retain constant shoulder contact during the evacuation.
- Rules for scenario paintball medics. A medic must wear a white armband with a red cross. He may “treat” a wounded player by “cleaning” the wound then bandaging the player’s left bicep. The medic can then declare that the player is fit to go back into action.
- Rules for scenario paintball radio communication. Players may use radio communication in the Play Area. Outside it, a different channel is required. Players are responsible for abiding by FCC regulations forbidden jamming radio transmissions. FRS/GMRS channel 1 is always designated as a real-life emergency channel monitored by the event organizers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”