Runescape Treasure Trails
"Runescape" treasure trails give players multi step quests they can undertake to yield a reward. Regardless of the level of the trail, the trail will always start with a player receiving a scroll. The scroll gives the player clues as to where to go to find the next clue in the path. The number of clues in a given trail depends on the difficulty level.
- Items Needed for "Runescape" Treasure Trails. A player will need the following items regardless of level before setting off on a treasure trail: a clue scroll, a spade, teleportation runes, energy potions, an explorer’s ring, a super terror bird, a ring of wealth, a ring of charos, and a dramen or a lunar staff. For levels two and above, a person needs a sextant, a watch, and a chart. Level three treasure trails and above require food, prayer potions, super anti poison potions, a suit of armor a weapon, meerkat pouches and Fetch casket scrolls.
- Clues. The clue scrolls are dropped from wondering monsters. A patch will give you the difficulty. Usually, the clues scroll will require the player to follow the hint or solve some puzzle. A player should not expect to get these items handed to them. Clues can take several types.
- Quests. Level one treasure trail scrolls require the user to embark on some simple quest. This could be kill a monster or recover a lost item. The simple quests result in small rewards, although a “Runescape” player can still sell even the smallest rewards back to a vendor.
- Anagrams. Anagrams are a series of letters you can rearrange to form a different word. The letters on clue scrolls usually point to a specific item or a specific location.
- Coordinates or Maps. Maps and coordinates point you to the next item in a treasure trail. If you either of these, you probably need to go to the area indicated.
- Chest Keys. What fantasy role playing game would be complete without chest keys? Use these to open “Runescape” chests and reveal the loot inside.
- Challenge Scrolls, Celtic Knots and Puzzle Boxes. These mini-games require the player to complete some puzzle before he can proceed to the next step. The complexity of the puzzle involved depends on the overall level of the “Runescape” treasure trail.
- Compass. “Runescape” players will only find compasses on level four treasure trails. An arrow points to the area where the player needs to dig to find the hidden treasure.
- Cryptics. Cryptics are often simple clues or riddles given to players to help them locate the desired treasure.
There are more types of “Runescape” treasure trail clues, but most of them fall under the cryptics category. You can use this information to follow your own treasure trails if you so desire.