Sad break up songs express everything about breaking up that tears up your heart and leaves you crumpled in a box of tissues. Some sad break up songs can tug at your heartstrings and threaten new tears even years after a break up, they’re that powerful in terms of reminders. While it’s tempting and arguably healthy to wallow in your pain after a break up, don’t listen for so long that you can’t pull yourself back up again. If you really need a few sad break up songs to help you cry it out, here are some suggestions.
- “Me, Myself and I” by Beyonce. Slow melodies and a beautiful voice almost make a painful break up more bearable. While the lyrics suggest moving on and being okay with just me, myself and I, ask anyone in the midst of a painful break up about how empowered they feel. This song can bring on the tears as easily as provide hope for a better life post-break up.
- For those who really need to wallow, there’s “Without You” by either Harry Nilsson or Mariah Carey. Most famous line: “I can’t live, if living is without you. I can give. I can’t give anymore.” If you can listen without needing tissues, you must be made of stone.
- “Don’t Speak,” No Doubt. Who else but Gwen Stefani could take sad break up songs to a whole new level? This song captures the pain and shock of that first moment when you realize it’s over. Anyone who has ever been dumped understands that moment when you know your paramour is about to break your heart. You’re tempted to say the same thing.
- “You’ll Think of Me” by Keith Urban. The best sad break up songs have an element of kiss off to them. Sure, you might be drowning in a box of tissues, but that doesn’t mean you always want them back. This song highlights that broken hearted but moving on feeling.
- “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad,” Meatloaf. When it comes to sad break up songs, leave it to Meatloaf to say it all. “I’m crying icicles instead of tears and all I can do is keep on telling you I want you, I need you, but there ain’t no way I’m ever gonna love you.” If it doesn’t break your heart to have your love tell you something like that, nothing ever will.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.