When it comes to country music, we all know about sad country song lyrics. In country songs, people are always breaking up, moving away or even dying. In the right situations, these sad country song lyrics are tearjerkers. And other times, these song lyrics can just be truly annoying. The best sad country song lyrics are the ones that speak your heart because they remind you of a situation or person that means or has meant a lot to you.
- "If you get there before I do, don't give up on me. I'll meet you when my chores are through, I don't know how long I'll be. But I'm not going to let you down, darling wait and see. Between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you, Love me" is a hearth wrenching verse from “Love Me” by Collin Ray. It is a sad country song that touches almost everyone. It is about a man who waited on his wife until her chores were through so they could runaway and get married. Then when she dies, he knows she will be waiting on him once his chores on earth are through.
- "I simply wish for one more day with you," the chorus lyrics from “One More Day” by Diamond Rio is something that we all wish for when a loved one dies. We always pray that we had more time with the person that we lost but in the end, we would want yet more time.
- "A gentle soul caught in the hands of fate, when morning comes it will be to late" is only a small reason that “Concrete Angel” by Martina McBride reminds us all of what can happen if child abuse is overlooked or goes unnoticed. It reminds us to step up and take action when we still have a chance because you never know when it may be too late.
- "Life is short but this time it was bigger than the strength he had to get up off his knees" are only a few lyrics from “Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss about a toxic relationship. A man is so devastated when his woman leaves that he kills himself. Then she does the same after she realizes what she has done to him.
- "What hurts the most is being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away" is the chorus from “What Hurts the Most” by Rascal Flatts reminding us of the break up we may have been able to fix had the other person just stopped and talked to the other.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …