There are a lot of sad country songs today. This is because there have been lots of real country songs that are tear jerkers recorded over the years. With this in mind, here are the top 10 sad songs that have been recorded by country music:
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones is part of his "I Am What I Am" album, which was released by Epic in 1980. This sad song talks about how a man loved a woman, even after they broke up, until the day he died. Numerous awards were won by George Jones for this song, including: 1980 Grammy for Best Country Male Performance; 1980 ACM Single and Song of the Year; 1980 CMA Male Vocalist; 1981 CMA Male Vocalist; and 1981 Music City News Single of the Year.
- “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye” by Patty Loveless is a sad song that can be found on her "Only What I Feel" album, which was released in 1994 by Epic Records. When it was released it managed to peak at number three. This country song is a sad song that deals with three sad occasions in this storyteller’s life: moving away from her best friend; her marriage ending in divorce; the loss of her mother.
- “Concrete Angel” by Martina McBride was released in 2002 and peaked on the charts at number five (you can find it on his Greatest Hits album). In this sad song McBride sings about a little girl who has to take care of herself and is abused. Even though everyone can see the bruises, nobody thinks to question it until it’s too late.
- “Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley (with Alison Krauss) is a sad song about alcoholism, adultery and death. Herein a woman cheats on her husband and when he catches them he leaves her and ends up drinking himself to death. She then feels bad and drinks herself to death too. You can find this song on Brad Paisley’s 2003 album entitled "Mud On The Tires". This song actually has won several awards including: 2004 ACM Vocal Event; 2004 CMA Vocal Event; 2005 CMA Song of the Year. Brad Paisley also performed this country song live on the 2004 CMA Awards.
- “Just a Dream” by Carrie Underwood can be found on her album Carnival Ride, which was release in 2008. This song is about a young couple that gets married just before the husband is sent off to war. While they have a lot of plans for their life together none of it is to come to pass as the husband gets killed in the war. These lyrics were so moving that it rose to number four on the charts in October 2008. The video was also very sad and touching as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …