Sad songs about death will leave you crying and moved at the same time. Just about all songs about death are sad in some way, but these sad death songs stick with you a little longer than some of the others.
- "No Surprises" Radiohead's bleak song about suicide from their 1997 album "OK Computer," "No Surprises" has brutally painful and honest lyrics about the "escape" from a miserable life through death.
- "Concrete Angel" "Concrete Angel" is an unbelievably sad song about the death of an abused child from Martina McBride's 2002 "Greatest Hits" album. The title itself is a reference to the child's tombstone.
- "He Stopped Loving Her Today" George Jones' mournful ballad from "I Am What I Am" was one of his biggest U.S. hits. A sad song entirely about death, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" tells the story of a man who waited his whole life for his lost love to return, only to finally "stop loving her" because of his own death.
- "Eleanor Rigby" A mainstay from the Beatles' classic "Revolver" album, "Eleanor Rigby" is the tale of a lonely old woman who ultimately dies. Seen as a striking take on loneliness, one of the most poignant moments of this sad song about death itself and death of hope is the fact that not a single person besides the priest attends Eleanor's funeral.
- "Chicken Wire" A sad song about death from the Pernice Brothers' album, "Overcome by Happiness," "Chicken Wire" is a simple ballad about a woman committing suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning in a car. The frank lyrics and overwhelmingly morose singing style make this song extremely melancholy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…