Sad songs about love are able to bring about a catharsis whenever you break up with someone. This is why you may wish to listen to them at this time in your life. With this in mind, here are the top 10 sad love songs:
- “Hard Habit To Break” by Chicago can be found on their 1984 album, which is entitled "Chicago 17". The lyrics to this sad song talks about years passing by without being able to get over someone because you are addicted to them. During this jazz rock sad love song you will find your own pain gushing out. This song made it into the top five.
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston was originally a part of the 1992 movie soundtrack, "The Bodyguard". This song talks about how even though the couple has been through a breakup, the female will still love him. The sad song can be found at the end of the movie as she breaks up with Kevin Costner but the feeling of love lingers on nevertheless.
- “Nothing Broken But My Heart” by Celine Dion is a sad song that can be found on here self-titled album, which was released in 1992. In this sad love song Celine Dion sings about how she is coping well after going through a breakup. However, this is nothing more than an act but it does build up to the much-needed catharsis. The ending to this sad song contains an angelic chorus and Dion coming clean over the pain that losing her lover has really caused.
- “Every Breath You Take” by The Police can be found on their 1983 album entitled "Synchronicity". This sad love song sounds more angry and bitter than like a sad song. Nevertheless, this was a big hit that leads to a great catharsis.
- “Endless Love” is a duet by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. Originally this sad song was found on the 1981 soundtrack for the movie "Endless Love". It was also a big hit for several weeks after being released. This sad song really speaks to your hear about losing a lover after a breakup, especially if you are still in love with this song. Even if you are not going through a breakup right now it will make you feel vulnerable because of the deep emotion found within this song. Many people also feel that this is a really romantic love song too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.