Songs that make men cry assumes, of course, that real men cry. Of course they cry! (They just try to never do it in public). All these songs have the ability to make you cry, in the perfect circumstances.
- "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. This is a good one for guys to cry to because it assumes that everybody sheds tears at least once in a while. It also tells us that we cry because we feel pain. It doesn't just say that wimps hurt; everybody suffers.
- "Take the "L" Out of Lover and it's Over" by The Motels. This is not just a lesson in spelling; it's also a lesson in love. Martha Davis sings it with a cry in her voice that will make many men cry, too.
- "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor. This is actually a song written by a guy, Prince. Breaking up is hard to do, even for dudes. This is a song about the pain of breaking up.
- "One" by U2. Like many U2 songs, this lyric could be about any number of things. It could be about romance. It might be about the brotherhood of mankind. Whatever it is, it gets you all choked up whenever it plays.
- "Crying" by Roy Orbison. Roy Orbison has the amazing ability to sound like he's crying while he's singing. Ah, but it's such a beautiful cry. Strangely, one feels joy and sadness at the same time when listening to this one.
- "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John. This is a song about Marilyn Monroe. It expresses the pain we all feel about the woman's early death. No self-respecting man ever wants to see a beautiful woman die young.
- "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. This Eric Clapton song speaks about a real life situation where the rock star's son accidently fell to his death. Any man with children can relate to that fear.
- "Streets of Philadelphia" by Bruce Springsteen. Men can cry to The Boss, Bruce Springsteen, because he's a man's man. This song comes from a movie about a guy that dies of AIDS. That's just a darn sad ailment.
- "'Unchained Melody" by Righteous Brothers. This song isn't necessarily sad. However, it makes you tear up. Who knows why? Nevertheless, if there's a tear in your eye, guy, that's okay.
- "I Know It's Over" by The Smiths. This song finds the always-sad Morrissey realizing that a relationship (that may be real or imagined) is DOA. He stretches out its lyric until it tortures you into waterworks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”