Saltwater Fishing Techniques
Learning these saltwater fishing techniques is the best way to be successful as you're out catching fish. Saltwater fishing is much different from other forms of fishing that you may have done. You will face a number of challenges. However, if you know some good techniques, you will have a much easier time.
- Use fresh bait. One of the best kinds of fresh bait that you can use is live shrimp. Using this first saltwater fishing technique is a great way to catch more fish. Fresh bait will work better than other bait options.
- Pay attention to weather patterns. This is an important saltwater fishing technique to follow because weather patterns affect fishing. You will especially want to know when the ebb tide begins. This is due to the fact that you will have the best results during the ebb tide.
- Survey the area. If you look out for certain signs, you will have a successful day. In this saltwater fishing technique, you should survey the area before you start fishing. For example, look for things such as circling seagulls. If you see something such as this, then the area is bound to be full of fish.
- Use circle hooks. This saltwater fishing technique is good because it will hook in the mouth, rather than deeper in the fish. This is especially good to use if you have had problems with the previous lures that you've used.
- Fish the perimeter first. This is an extremely important saltwater fishing technique to use because you can scare all of the fish away if you don't follow it. Fish around the perimeter and then move to the middle. This way, the middle will be filled with unsuspecting fish rather than ones that got scared away.