San Francisco Restaurants Best
Any San Francisco restaurants best list could go on for miles and miles. This city on the bay offers the finest restaurants and most exquisite and diversified cuisine on the planet. We’ve compiled a few of the best restaurants in San Francisco with savory menu details and compelling nuances in innovation and charm.
- Atelier Crenn Poetic Culinaria. They have creative presentations of innovative food that is tasty and expensive. French cuisine in the marina area offers a new restaurant that is getting rave reviews. The Chef Tasting Menu is $115 and well worth it. The masterfully prepared courses are beautiful to the eye and include: Foi Gras “Log” with pickled morel mushrooms, vanilla and almond praline; Pigeon with beetroot, borage, oxalis and brioche veloute and Arctic Char with hazelnut, squid, liquorices and uni. A variety of artisan cheeses: Coconut, Rhubarb, Pistachio and Pear are exquisite. Atelier Crenn Poetic Culinaria: 3127 Filmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94123, (415) 440-0460.
- The House. This tiny-twenty or so tables-Asian fusion cuisine restaurant is a favorite to many in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco. The dinner menu offers an east meets west fare featuring Kurobuta pork chops with pomegranate currant sauce; Grilled Sea Bass with garlic ginger soy; and white shrimp with Chinese chive dumplings. The food here is consistently excellent, always served to perfection, with a staff that does not miss a beat. Imaginative meals in a pleasant setting keep many locals coming back for lunch and dinner on a regular basis. The House: 1230 Grant Ave., San Francisco, CA 94133, (415) 986-8612.
- Spruce Restaurant. This is a distinctive new place for friends and family to gather and enjoy Contemporary American cuisine in Presidio Heights. This is on several San Francisco restaurants best list with its charming surroundings ensconced in brown mohair walls and soft, oversized faux ostrich chairs. Baccarat crystal chandeliers create a dramatic effect-augmented by the large Japanese contemporary paintings. The organic food is bought from local farmers and ranchers fresh each day. Chef Mark Sullivan's creative style offers simple and refined dishes that allow the flavor to take center stage. Turmeric Poached Chicken with preserved lemon and Boudin Blanc with homemade sauerkraut are some of his favorites. Spruce: 3640 Sacramento St., San Francisco, CA 94118, (415) 931-5100.
- Quince. This is a popular Italian-inspired cuisine restaurant situated in the Jackson Square neighborhood of San Francisco and housed in a rustic brick and timber historic building that dates to 1907. They have created a dramatic area for private dining with Murano chandeliers and silk drapes, also with other semi private areas for smaller groups. Their wine cellar has over 800 selections with emphasis on red wine from the Italian Piedmont Region. Their menus are ever-changing, inspired by the availability of fresh and superior ingredients from a network of California purveyors. Their menus include: a la Carte, Chef’s Tasting Menu, Artisanal and Farmstead Cheese Selections and Desset Menu. Some selections are Scallop Carpaccio and Caviar; Faella Spaghetti with Sea Urchin and Agretti and for dessert a scrumptious Huckleberry Souffle with Limoncello Sauce. Quince: 1701 Octavia St., (415) 775-8500.
- The Slanted Door. This trendy and contemporary restaurant specializes in Vietnamese cuisine. It is housed in the Ferry Building with amazing views of the San Francisco Bay. This soothing atmosphere and design by Olle Lundberg offers artisanal spirits, hard-to-find Chinese teas, organic biodynamic juices and Reisling-driven wines. They offer a rich blend of Vietnamese street food and fresh California Farm ingredients. Choose from a creative variety of spring roll, oyster and sparerib appetizers. The entrees are thoughtfully prepared in unique combinations like Claypot Chicken with caramel sauce, chilies and fresh ginger or Pan-seared Scallops, spinach, and spicy pineapple-coconut sauce. Their homemade Espresso Stracciatella ice cream superbly enhances the exquisite dessert wine menu. The Slanted Door: 1 Ferry Plaza, (415) 861-8032.