Scenario Paintball Techniques
Scenario paintball techniques are used when playing scenario paintball. This is when you come up with an interesting story and role play that story during the match, such as role playing World War II soldiers on either side or escaping POWs. In either case, knowing the scenario ahead of time can help you come up with techniques to win the match.
- Get geared up properly. Scenario paintball matches generally take place on a paintball field. You need to be ready for these conditions. Wear sturdy but loose fitting camouflage clothing. Make sure your gloves, headgear, goggles and shoes also blend in with your surroundings to keep you hidden from the opposing paintball team. This is one of the most essential techniques in a paintball match.
- Get a vest. Scenario paintball often requires you to carry extra items other than your paintball gun. These items can include a paintball pistol, tubes of extra paintballs or paintball grenades. A special vests with plenty of inside and outside pockets and loops should be worn as one of your scenario paintball techniques.
- Learn to use all the weapons. Again, scenario paintball can involve lots of extra weapons and items other than your paintball gun. Practice using these items before the match. Make sure you know how they work, and if you don’t understand, get help from one of your team members. Lack of knowledge can easily get you eliminated during a paintball match.
- Stick with your function. In scenario paintball, each player will be given a role. Don’t break from your role. Part of your technique needs to be staying in character. This means that if you’re supposed to be guarding a door, stay guarding it. There’s a reason you’re standing there, and if you walk away, you could be letting members of the opposing team in or out.
- Take it seriously. During the scenario paintball match, part of staying in character is taking your role seriously. If you’re left alone with one of your teammates or if you’re guarding members of the opposing team who’ve been captured, do not start talking about what you’re getting to eat after the match or the big game last night. Stick with the script, and everyone will have more fun.