School Wrestling Moves
School wrestling moves can be used by students of all ages who are learning the basics of the sport. When these moves are being executed for the first time, it should be under the direct supervision of the school’s wrestling coach. Once they are learned, they can then be applied during a school wrestling match.
- Headlock This is a relatively simple school wrestling move that has some basic components. However, when done incorrectly, it can be dangerous. It’s done by getting your opponent from behind and hooking your opponent’s neck with your elbow. Push the opponent’s head forward just a bit to lock them in place for a full headlock.
- Single Leg Takedown Having the ability to take down your opponent is extremely important in wrestling. A single leg takedown is a school wrestling move that can successfully get your opponent off the ground. To do it, you must reach behind your opponent’s knee and pull forward to throw off his balance.
- Double Leg Takedown The double leg takedown school wrestling move is the same as the single leg takedown except you reach behind both knees and pull forward with each hand. This is doubly effective than the single leg takedown, but you will most likely have few rare opportunities to execute it during a wrestling match.
- Mule Kick The mule kick is an excellent school wrestling move that is easy to execute once you learn it, but there is actually a few different parts to it. First, you need to grab hold of your opponent’s forearm and wrist. Swing your opponent around so that he is behind your back. Then, you will be in the perfect position to kick back with your dominant leg.
- Downblock This is another school wrestling move that can be used to takedown your opponent. However, like some of the other moves, you might only have very few opportunities to do this move during a wrestling match. You must lock your arms with your opponent’s first. Then, you need to pull him around so that his body is diagonal with yours. Now, kick his knee forcefully and lunge forward to take him down.