Many basketball fans consider him a sidekick to the great Michael Jordan, but Scottie Pippen’s stats prove that he was one of the elite players of his time. Pippen played alongside Jordan on one of the most dominating teams in NBA history and stands the test of time as one of the best players ever.
- NBA Draft The Seattle Super Sonics drafted Scottie Pippen with the fifth overall pick in the 1987 NBA Draft. They soon traded him to the Chicago Bulls. Scottie Pippen’s stats from a small NAIA college were 23.6 points a game on 60-percent field goal shooting, explaining his early pick.
- 1988 NBA Playoffs Scottie Pippen finally moved into a starters role in the 1987-88 season and helped lead the Chicago Bulls into the conference semifinals for the first time since 1980-81. Scotty Pippen’s stats in this season included 16.5 points and 6.7 rebounds while achieving 211 steals on the year.
- The Chicago Bulls Three-Peat From 1991-1993, the Chicago Bulls won three consecutive NBA Championships. Pippen was a star all three years and also won the Gold Medal at the Olympics on the first Dream Team. Then, in 1995-1998, the Chicago Bulls won three straight NBA Championships once again. Over those six title reigns, Scottie Pippen’s stat line was an impressive 19.35 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.15 assists a game.
- NBA Regular Season Records Scottie Pippen’s stats include regular season records in assists by a forward over a career with 6,135, steals by a forward for a career with 2,307, steals by a forward in a season with 232 (1994-1995) and the highest average of steals per game by a forward in a season with 2.94 (1994-1995).
- NBA Playoff Records In the NBA Playoffs, Scottie Pippen holds the record for career steals with 395. In the NBA Finals, Scottie Pippen held the record for three-pointers made in a game with seven until Ray Allen broke it in 2010. He also held the record for most three-point attempts in a series with 39 until Reggie Miller broke it in 2000.
- Other Records Scottie Pippen is one of only three players to record 100 blocked shots and 200 steals in a season during the 1989-1990 season. Only Michael Jordan and Hakeen Olajuwon achieved this as well. In 1994-1995. Scottie Pippen led the Chicago Bulls in all five stats categories, one of only three players to achieve this. As of 2011, he ranks fifth in career three-pointers made in the playoffs, fifth in three-pointers attempted in the playoffs and sixth in career steals during the regular season.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”