Search Facebook For Friends
Now that you've joined the social networking craze, it's time to search Facebook for friends. If you currently have a grand total of zero friends on your list, it's time to add some soon or count on spending a lot of time having conversations with yourself. Keep yourself out of the crazy house by following these steps.
To search Facebook for friends, you will need:
- Computer with internet connection
- Facebook account
- Log into Facebook. An obvious first step, yes, but sometimes forgotten.
- Add more info to your page. Be sure to add the schools you attended, your screen names and your workplace if you'd like. Leave your job off if you don't want nosy co-workers and supervisors in your business. By adding more information to your profile, Facebook will make friend suggestions. Request friend requests from any of these people you want to add to your friend list.
- Click the friends icon at the top of the page. This icon looks like two faceless heads. It is where you go to approve or deny friend requests and where you can find friends as well.
- Click “Find Friends.” It is located in the upper right corner of the faceless head icon.
- Choose your instant message and email services. Click “Find Friends” next to the services you use. Ask for a request for every contact that has a Facebook account if you want.
- Use the search bar. Enter the name of someone you want to find or name of a school to find old classmates. Time to look for Miss Popular and show her what she's been missing. Click “People” in the column on the left.
- Narrow down the results. Enter a location, school or workplace by clicking the drop box and filling in the search box. Request those that match who you're looking for.
Now that your friend list is filled, start working on those witty status updates.