Self-esteem quotes, which are small pieces of wise advice, can better the way people perceive themselves and others. Ponder these self-esteem quotes to improve your self-image, self-respect and confidence.
- "When people believe in themselves, they have the first secret of success." Dr. Norman Vincent Peale lifted the spirits of millions with his optimistic approach to life. He was an advocate for positive thinking, so it is not surprising that he promoted self-esteem. His self-esteem quote means people should believe in themselves to succeed in life.
- "We are each gifted in a unique and important way; it is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." Evelyn Mary Dunbar believed everyone was special; she spoke her beliefs in this quote. She wanted the public to know that everyone has a unique purpose in life, so no one should feel worthless.
- "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." Buddha is regarded as "the enlightened one" in Buddhism because of his infinite wisdom. He was very wise to teach people to love and take care themselves.
- "By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before." Edwin Elliot wanted everyone to know they were unique and everyone should choose their own direction in life. People should not be ashamed of who they are because everyone is unique.
- "The strongest single factor in acquiring abundance is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it." Jerry Gillies spoke the ultimate words of self-esteem: believing in self-worth, the greatness from within and the potential power inside of a person. This quote teaches that abundance in wealth, happiness or anything in life can be acquired with self-belief.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.