Want to learn how to make a self-rising flour substitute? Whether you need a self-rising flour substitute for a recipe or you’re interested in making your own, it's a simple process. Self-rising flour is flour that has a leveling agent mixed in during packaging. The salt and baking powder added to self-rising flour are the reason it works during baking. Since these ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the flour, you get a nice lift in all your baked goods.
Things you will need to make a self rising flour substitute:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Set of measuring spoons
- Set of measuring cups (see note)
- Wax paper
- Storage container or bag if the self rising flour substitute isn’t used immediately
- Measure flour. The best way to measure dry ingredients is to scoop it out and use a butter knife to level the cup. Be careful not to pack the flour or the measurement won't be accurate.
- Pour flour onto wax paper. Smooth out the flour so it's a thin layer that covers the wax paper. Keep the edge of the flour a few inches from the end of the paper.
- Measure out the salt and baking power. Use the same measuring method with these ingredients like you did with the flour.
- Add the salt and baking powder. Be sure to evenly sprinkle these ingredients over the flour. Now pick up both sides of the wax paper and easily pour your self rising flour substitute into the needed recipe. You could also store your self-rising flour for future use. This self-rising flour recipe can also be multiplied to create a bigger quantity.
- Not to be confused with a measuring cup. A set of measuring cups are a set of measuring spoons they include measurements such as 1/8 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup and a cup. They are essential for properly measuring dry ingredients in these quantities.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.