Sell Gold Jewelry For Cash
Discovering how to sell gold jewelry for cash can be a great way of supplementing your personal income. In addition, selling your old jewelry gets rid of the clutter created by old, broken and out of style gold earrings, chains, bracelets and rings. If you want to sell gold jewelry for cash, you have a couple of options.
Since there is really no need for supplies, it is possible to minimize this step. Depending on the sales method you choose, you need:
- Internet access
- Padded envelope
- Assorted gold jewelry
Once you have access to all of these items, it is time to get started.
- Request a prepaid, insured envelope from an online pawn shop. Since the price of gold has been steadily going up, the numbers of businesses specializing in the purchase of gold have also increased. It is possible to contact an online pawnshop to sell gold jewelry for cash. The outfit will send you an envelope to send all the gold items directly to the business.
- Select gold jewelry to sell. Weight has little influence on the final price unless the item is made of gold through and through. Gold-plating does not net a lot of profit; neither do gems. Keep also in mind that 14k gold is of lesser quality than 24k, with the first representing 585 gold parts of 1,000 possible and the latter offering the full 1,000 count.
- Send in the gold and receive a quote. The price of gold fluctuates and it is not uncommon to get different quotes on different days. In addition, remember that the quality of the gold greatly impacts the amount of money you receive. For example, one to three ounces of 14k gold might sell for about $763. In contrast, the same amount of 22k gold nets $1,196.
- Accept or reject the quote. Online pawnshops offer a money-back guarantee. It is possible to reject the offer and ask for the gold back. Remember that the online business may ask for a processing fee for the appraisal and for the postage associated with sending back the items.
- Shop around for local stores. To sell gold jewelry for cash locally is as simple as identifying a few gold buyers in your area. These store fronts are frequently part of a chain. Take your gold to different chain stores for the most favorable quote.
It is possible to get some unwelcome surprises when trying to sell gold jewelry for cash. For example, the heirloom that grandma swore was solid gold may in fact be little more than heavy costume jewelry after all.