Send A Google Voice Invite
Send a Google Voice invite to your friends so they can call you anywhere in the country for free. Sending a Google Voice invite is really easy to do from your own Google Voice inbox. And you definitely don't need to be tech-savvy to do it.
Things you’ll need:
- Google Voice account
- Internet connection
- Go to http://www.google.com/voice.
- Log into Google Voice with your username and password. You can also log in with your email and password. You can usually leave off the “@gmail.com” part and just use the first half of the address.
- Navigate to the left hand side of the Google Voice inbox. Scroll to the near-bottom of the left side bar, where you’ll see a link that says “Invite a friend.”
- Click the “Invite a friend” link. This will pop open a dialog box in the same page.
- Enter the email address of your friend. The email address goes in the “To invite other people, enter their email addresses here” box on top. You can send up to three invites from the same account, and you can send them all at the same time by putting their email addresses on different lines within this box.
- Add a message of your own to send a Google Voice invite. This isn’t required, as Google Voice has pre-written text already in the box. But your friend might appreciate a personal thought. Whatever text you want to write goes in the “Add a note to the invitation” box below the email address box.
- Press “Send Invites.” You’re done! Your friends will receive their Google Voice invite within a matter of seconds.