At some point, if you own a cell phone, you will want to send ringtones to your phone for free. This is easy, convenient and saves you some money. You can do this by using a bit of diligence in locating a website that offers free cell phone downloads.
You will need:
- internet access
- Navigate to a free cell phone download site, such as RingerDrop. Enter your cell phone number and include your area code. There will be a designated area to type in your number, which is necessary when you want to send ringtones to your phone. The site has to know your number so that they can send you the ringtone.
- Enter your wireless carrier. You will have to also specify what your cell phone's carrier is. There will be a designated area to include this information as well, as the site will require it so that the information of the download can show up on your wireless bill. This is standard, even if you are downloading free ringtones.
- Upload a song to the website. Choose a song from your computer's hard drive to upload that you want to use as a ringtone. You will have to upload an .mp3 so that the website can shorten and convert it as your free ringtone.
- Click the "Upload Ringtone" button. The conversion process may take a few minutes, so be patient. Once you have clicked the "Upload Ringtone" button, you can expect to hear a tone sound on your cell phone. This will indicate that the free ringtone has been sent to your number via text message.
- Open the text message. Pick up your phone and open, then view the text message. Follow the instructions to download the free ringtone, and select an appropriate place to save it on your cell phone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …