Set Gmail Pop3 Settings
Do you want to learn how to set Gmail POP3 settings? Using POP3 allows you to read your Gmail messages through Microsoft Outlook, as well as through other email programs that support POP3. These include Apple Mail and Thunderbird POP mail clients as well. Syncing your Outlook account with your Gmail can help increase your productivity and make it easier to access your email whenever you need to. Follow these steps to enable your Gmail POP3 settings.
You will need:
- Gmail account
- Sign in to your Gmail account. Select the icon in the upper right corner of the screen that looks like a gear, next to the log out button. In the menu that appears, click on the "Mail Settings" link.
- In the menu across the top of the screen that appears, select the tab for POP/Forwarding. In the second section of the menu, select either "Enable POP for all mail" or "Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on," depending on your preference.
- In the pull-down menu, select what you'd like Gmail to do with messages that you access via the POP server. You can leave them alone, archive them, mark them as read, or delete them altogether depending on your preference.
- Finally, you must configure your email client. Click on the blue "Configuration instructions" link to access instructions for the POP mail server you are using, including various versions of Apple Mail, Outlook, and Thunderbird.
- After you've followed these steps to configure your settings, click "Save Changes." You will now be able to access your Gmail messages using a POP server.