Set Google As Homepage
To set Google as your homepage on your browser, you will need to go through a few simple steps. Once completed, Google will open up when you open your broswer. Follow these steps to set Google as your homepage.
In order to set Google as your homepage, you will need:
- Computer with internet access
- Internet broswer (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Start your Internet broswer. Double click on your desktop or otherwise open the internet browser that you use. You can also make Google your homepage for multiple browsers by going through these steps again.
- Go to "Options" or "Settings" within your browser. This will vary depending on your broswer, but you will need to locate the primary options screen in your browser. Try "Tools" and then "Options," which is the case for many popular broswers (such as Firefox). Other broswers will need a different route; for instance, in Opera you will select "Settings" and then "Preferences."
- Locate the text box to change the homepage. This will be found on the default screen in the "Options" or "Settings" menu, where it is almost always the first item listed.
- Set Google as your homepage. Enter the Google URL to set it as your homepage. If you want your homepage to be a specific part of Google, such as their mail service, you can place the URL in the box. Ensure that you hit "Apply" or "OK" in order to save your changes. You can click on "Home" or restart your broswer to test whether Google was set as the homepage.