These basic sex facts will improve your sex life dramatically. Learn from the experience of others to find some extra joy between the sheets.
- Just a decade ago, only 25% of women reported experiencing orgasm as a result of intercourse. In recent years, this number has risen to about 45%. In contrast, over 80% of women report experiencing orgasm though oral sex. The discovery of the “g-spot” has completely changed the game for many woman. This pleasure spot was basically a mystery before, and the discovery of it has more women finding themselves pleased. Oral Sex can allow the man to reach places he cannot reach with his penis, so that contributes to the higher number in the oral category.
- Statistics show that approximately 90% of men and 65% of women masturbate from time to time. Masturbation has always been more of a taboo topic for woman, and many women were raised to believe it was the “wrong” thing to do. This leads to the nervous feeling some woman get when this topic is approached, and it could explain why so many woman are unwilling to explore the possibility.
- Worldwide, 27.5% of women reported that they felt pressured into having sex for the first time compared to 15% of men. The stigma that men are the aggressive ones in sex is melting away. Men can be just as much the less dominant party in the relationship. Sciety demands for sex, and more and more people are finding themselves tumbling into the bed just for the sake of doing so, without actually having that desire.
- According to a 2007 worldwide sex survey, the average age when people first have sex is 19.25. The survey also found that people in Asian countries tended to lose their virginity at a much later age (an average of 22) than those in Western cultures (an average of 18). When the sexual revolution rolled though the western culture in the 1960s and 1970s, more people stopped waiting until marriage to have sex. This led to a younger age for losing virginity in the western culture. The Asian culture still has more of a traditionalist approach, leaving woman waiting for their husband to give the gift.
- 14% of men and 60% of women of women say they did not enjoy sex the first time. For men, most of this is rooted in being pressured to have sex with a woman they didn’t really want to have sex with or doing so before they were truly ready. For women, it often falls in some discomfort from vaginal sex, seeing as for most woman it is often the first time they have something as large as a penis inside of them.
Posted on: Jun. 26, 2011