Sexual And Reproductive Health Guide
Any male wanting to know more about sexual health should have a sexual and reproductive health guide. When thinking about a man's sexual health, some of the most common problems rarely come to mind. Also, some problems are more extreme than others. If you are having any concerns about your sexual health, seeing a doctor is the best solution. Some sexual problems for men are:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Testicular cancer
STDs are a sexual problems that many men face. If there is a concern over STDs, there are some things that should be looked for:
- Is there any discharge that isn't normal and is an odd color? Any color that is ranging from a milky white to a greenish brown should be checked out by a doctor. This is a symptom of gonorrhea or chlamydia.
- If there are any open sores or bumps around the groin area. These are symptoms of genital warts and genital herpes.
- If there is itching around your groin area. Pubic lice live in pubic hair and cause itching.
- If you have rapid weight loss and open sores in the mouth. These are symptoms of AIDS/HIV.
- If you have a non-itchy rash around your genitals and a fever. These are symptoms of syphilis.
There are ways to be safe whenever it comes to protecting yourself against STDs. Make sure you always use condoms before sex and make less skin to skin contact as possible with your partner.
Erectile disfunction is a problem that many men face, but there are ways to reduce it or get rid of it.
- Reduce smoking. Smoking reduces blood flow to the penis. Reducing smoking can help increase blood flow back to the penis.
- A healthy diet and exercise. A study called “Effect of lifestyle changes on erectile dysfunction in obese men” found that 31 percent of men that had a healthy diet and exercise began to have healthy erections again.
- Prescriptions. Ask a doctor about getting a prescription for medication to stop erectile disfunction.
One of the more serious health problems that men face is testicular cancer. Many men get testicular cancer every year. One of the ways to check for testicular cancer is to perform a testicular check. You will need some things for this:
- Your hands
When doing a testicular cancer check, it's best to do it once a month. When doing a testicular cancer check you must:
- Take a hot shower or bath. It's best to do a testicular exam after you've taken a hot shower. The skin that covers the testicles is more relaxed then.
- Take one testicle and with both of your hands, roll it around in your fingers and get a feel of it. Take note if anything feels off or out of place. If one of your testicles are bigger than the other, don't fret--this is normal for most guys.
- Take the other testicle in your hands and repeat step two.
Having good sexual health can seem like a daunting task, but with some practice and good education on the subject, it should get easier with time. Remember that not every situation is the same and you should talk to your doctor if you notice anything unusual.