Shipping Cars Across Country
Shipping cars across country can be a confusing thing to figure out. No one wants to jump in a car and drive for five days across the country just to arrive to a moving van full of boxes that have to be unpacked. The best way to handle this is to find a reputable shipping company and let them handle the stress of the shipping for you so it's one less thing to worry about. Follow these simple tips and find out just how easy it can be to have a car shipped across the country.
For shipping cars across country, you will need:
- Phone Book
- Car Insurance
- Shipping Insurance
- Decide on a time line. The first thing to do is to figure out when the vehicle needs to arrive at its destination. This way, a shipping company can ensure the delivery of the vehicle on time, and can let you know how long they need and when it would need to leave to make it there in time. Try and ensure an extra day into the timeline in case of bad weather or other unforeseen problems that may delay the shipping along the way.
- Shop around. The next thing to do is to shop around for different shipping companies and start gathering quotes. This is very easy to do with the phone book by opening up to the shipping pages, or doing a search on the internet. The best thing to do is to sit down and just start calling all places, letting them know what is being shipped, when it needs to be there, and where it is going. Compile a list of the companies and their prices.
- Check insurance. While on the phone, a great thing to remember to ask is if they offer shipping insurance. Each company may only offer a fraction of shipping insurance, whereas others may offer enough to cover any problems that may arise. It is always a good idea to find out just how much shipping insurance they carry and what it does and does not cover.
- Ask for references. Once the top three companies have been chosen, ask those companies for references. If they are a company that has given good service in the past, they will have references being able to prove that.
- Check with the BBB. The last thing to do before paying anyone to ship a vehicle across the country is to check with the Better Business Bureau.