Shopping On A Budget: 10 Tips
When shopping on a budget there are 10 tips every shopper should follow. It's easy to shop on a budget, plus you might even save a little extra money. These 10 tips will help you stay within your budget and keep you from overspending when shopping.
- The first tip is to make a list. Make a list of what you need to buy and stick to the list. By having a list, you won't buy things you don't need. Making a list helps you stay within your budget and you'll also remember everything you need to buy.
- Clip coupons. Grab a Sunday paper and start clipping the coupons. This is a great way to not only stay within your budget, but you can also save a lot of money. You can find printable coupons online to save even more money. Whether you are shopping at the grocery store or a department store, you can usually find coupons to help you save on your purchases.
- Get organized. You've clipped your coupons, now it's time to make sure you can put the coupons to good use. Before you go shopping, set aside the coupons you know you are going to use. Put them in an envelope or coupon sorter so that when you get to the checkout you won't be scrambling to find the coupons.
- Compare Prices. Whether you are shopping for groceries or clothing, it's always important to compare prices. Look through the Sunday paper for store ads for the following week. By knowing what stores have the items you want to buy for less, you can stay within your shopping budget.
Take cash only. Take the exact amount of cash you have budgeted to spend and not a penny more. Don't use credit or debit cards unless you know you won't go over your budget. If you just can't control yourself, make sure to leave the credit and debit cards at home.
- Don't buy what you don't need. Just because you've got a coupon for an item does not mean you have to use it. Only buy items you need unless it's just too good of a deal to pass up. By buying only what you will use or need, you will successfully stick to your budget.
- Stock up. If you find a good deal on an item, it's a good idea to stock up while you can save money. As long as you can fit it in your budget, buying in bulk will save you money on future purchases.
- Shop online. By shopping online you not only avoid the crowds, but you can save on gas too. Sometimes you can even get better deals online. Many stores offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount.
- Shop at discount, outlet and thrift stores. You can easily stay within your shopping budget and find some great deals by shopping for items at a discounted price. Even second hand items can be found in great condition for a fraction of what you would pay retail.
- The last tip is to ask about discounts. Some stores have special discounts on certain days. Don't be afraid to ask a sales associate if there are any discounts or coupons you can use. Extra discounts not only help you save money, but you may also create a little extra wiggle room in your budget.