Short Love Sayings
Express yourself with just a few words with these short love sayings. There are a variety of things you can do with these short love sayings. You can write them on cards, the bathroom mirror or on car windows; remember to be creative and try to think of unusual places to leave a message to your loved one. All of these short love sayings are under fifteen words.
- “Love is friendship set on fire.” -Jeremy Taylor. This is a beautiful quote that has been around for centuries. The quote means that you first have to develop a friendship with someone before you can fall in love with them. This would be a great short love saying to leave somewhere for a friend to find to hint that you want a deeper relationship.
- "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." -George Sands. This short love saying is very too the point. This would be a great short love saying to leave your partner somewhere unexpected; consider writing this quote on the bathroom mirror, on a napkin by their plate or on a small piece of paper in place of a bookmark in a book she is currently reading.
- "You're nothing short of my everything." -Ralph Block. This beautiful short love saying doesn’t need a lot of words to say a lot. The meaning is very clear—that your loved one is your life. This would be the perfect quote to put in a card with a gift for your loved one. You could also write it on the gift tag of present or holidays such as Christmas or her birthday.
- "Thou art to me a delicious torment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson. This quote shows how relationships can be bitter sweet. This short love saying has a bit of a emo or gothic feel to it. If the woman in your life adores black and gothic literature, this short love saying will make her swoon.
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." -Herman Hesse. This is one of the sweetest things you can say to another person. It’s a very short love saying but the words speak volumes. It would be a wonderful quote to have painted on a frame for a picture of the two of you.