Shrimp pasta recipes range from simple and comforting casseroles to fancy Italian fare. If you need some inspiration for a delicious seafood dinner, try one of these great shrimp dishes.
- Shrimp pasta with fresh tomato is a light yet filling shrimp pasta recipe, great for summer meals. Finely chop three cloves of peeled garlic, half an onion and three tablespoons fresh oregano by hand or in a food processor, then saute in four tablespoons of olive oil until fragrant. Add four medium seeded and chopped tomatoes and three tablespoons chopped fresh basil, then cook for about five minutes to blend the flavors. Toss with eight ounces cooked pasta (any variety), one pound shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined) and eight ounces of diced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Shrimp scampi with linguine is a classic Italian shrimp pasta recipe, sure to impress your friends and family. Melt three tablespoons butter and two and a half tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet, then saute four minced garlic cloves until fragrant. Add one pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, and cook for five minutes or until shrimp are pink. Turn off the heat and stir in one quarter cup lemon juice, one teaspoon grated lemon zest, one third cup chopped fresh parsley, one thinly sliced lemon and a dash each of pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss sauce with twelve ounces cooked linguine.
- Penne rustica is a hearty shrimp pasta dish with a rich Marsala wine sauce that is both comforting and classy. Saute one tablespoon chopped garlic and one half teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary in one tablespoon butter until the garlic browns. Add half a cup of Marsala wine and simmer until the sauce reduces by one third. Stir in one teaspoon Dijon mustard, a dash of cayenne pepper and four cups heavy cream, then simmer to reduce the sauce by half. Meanwhile, saute half an ounce of bacon, cut into small pieces, until most of the fat has melted. Add one tablespoon butter, half a tablespoon chopped shallots and one pound of peeled and deveined shrimp, then cook until shrimp are just turning pink. Combine shrimp and sauce in a large casserole, top with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Shrimp macaroni and cheese casserole is a grown-up twist on a classic comfort food and a simple shrimp pasta recipe. Saute three cloves of garlic and half an onion, finely chopped, in two tablespoons butter until translucent. Add salt, pepper, two teaspoons fresh chives and one pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds. Cook for ten minutes or until shrimp is pink. For the cheese sauce, melt two tablespoons butter and whisk in three tablespoons cornstarch mixed with half a cup of warm water and one and a half cups whole milk. Stir until thickened, then turn off heat and add two cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Combine sauce, shrimp mixture and half a pound cooked elbow macaroni in a casserole. Top with additional shredded cheese and bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Shrimp with angel hair and sesame sauce is great if you're looking for an Asian-inspired shrimp pasta recipe. Cook half a pound angel hair pasta, adding one pound asparagus, cut into one inch pieces, about two minutes before the pasta is done. Drain and set aside. Saute one cup sliced mushrooms and five cloves of minced garlic in two teaspoons vegetable oil until the garlic is lightly browned. Add one quarter cup soy sauce, two tablespoons sesame oil, one tablespoon brown sugar, one bunch of chopped scallions and half a cup rice vinegar. Simmer one pound peeled and deveined shrimp in the sauce until pink, then toss with the asparagus and pasta. Top with two tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.