Shrimp Scampi Recipes Easy
Making shrimp scampi recipes easy takes very little effort as scrimp scampi on it's own is very easy to make. By cooking shrimp in a sauce made from butter, garlic and spices, you can have an easy shrimp scampi for a main course or appetizer. While the standard method may be cooking shrimp scampi in a skillet, the tasty treat can also be grilled or broiled to perfection.
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the shrimp and saute until the shrimp turn pink, about two-to-three minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Transfer to a serving dish or individual plates. Serve.
Easy Grilled Shrimp Scampi
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the shrimp, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high or prepare charcoal grill. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Thread shrimp on skewers, evenly spacing several shrimp on each sewer. Discard any excess marinade.
- Grill shrimp for two-to-three minutes on each side or until pink. Serve.
Easy Broiled Shrimp Scampi
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sherry
- 3 pounds shrimp, deveined
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Mix butter and mustard in a mixing bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine shallots, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and sherry in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the butter-mustard mixture.
- Heat over medium until the mixture boils. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for about five minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
- Preheat broiler. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Split the shrimp shells along the back, leaving tail attached. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on the baking pan.
- Sprinkle shrimp with the oil, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for five minutes or until pink. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place shrimp on a serving dish and drizzle with the scampi sauce. Serve.