Shrimp spring rolls are an oriental food made much like egg rolls. The difference lies in the main ingredient, which is shrimp. While egg rolls often contain pork or cabbage, shrimp spring rolls contain shrimp and other seasonings and ingredients. Different cooks make shrimp spring rolls with different seasonings and ingredients paired with the shrimp.
To make shrimp spring rolls you will need:
- 8 spring roll wraps
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 lettuce head
- 1 cup Chinese noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound shrimp, boiled and shelled
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup scallions
- Place the spring roll wrappers in boiling water for approximately ten seconds each until they become pliable. Lay them out to dry on a clean kitchen towel.
- Use a kitchen basting brush to brush each wrap with hoisin sauce.
- Place a single leaf of lettuce on each spring roll wrap. Then, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil and the cooked Chinese noodles.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons full of the sauce, oil and noodle mixture and place the mix in the center of the lettuce leaves, on the spring roll wraps.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon each of bean sprouts, cabbage and carrots on the noodle mix. Then, place one or two boiled and shelled pieces of shrimp in the middle of each spring roll wrap, on top of the other ingredients. Sprinkle cilantro and scallions over each of the pieces of shrimp.
- Fold down two opposite sides of the spring roll wrapper. Fold the ends down and over the mix of ingredients in the middle of each roll.
- Continue to hold the ends down into place and roll the rest of the wrap in from one side, perpendicular to the two folds.
- Serve as is, or brown the filled wraps with a tablespoon of olive oil in a wok or skillet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.