Sign Up For Aim
Looking for information on how to sign up for AIM? AIM is an instant messaging service that is provided by AOL. In addition to being able to chat with your AIM buddies, you can also hook your Facebook Chat and Google Talk up with AIM so that you can chat with your friends on those websites, too.
To sign up for AIM, you will need:
- A computer with an Internet connection
- Visit the AIM Website. If you aren't interested in downloading AIM to your desktop, click on the "Use AIM Express - Chat Now" button to either get a username or sign in with Facebook.
- Download AIM. If you are downloading AIM onto a Windows computer, simply click on the "Download AIM" button that is available on the main AIM website. To download AIM onto a Mac, simply click on the "Mac" link at the bottom of the AIM website. You can also send AIM to your iPhone, Android, iPad, or BlackBerry by clicking on the corresponding link at the bottom of the AIM website.
- Install AIM. Once the download has finished, you will need to go to the location that you saved the installation file to. Double-click on that file and follow the steps on your screen to install AIM.
- Sign Up for AIM. After AIM has been installed, launch the application and click on "New User?". You will then be able to select a username and password for your new AIM account. Click on the "Submit" button once you have entered all of the required information to officially sign up for AIM.
You are given an e-mail address when you sign up for AIM. You can log into that e-mail account by clicking on the "Mail" link at the top of the AIM website.