Sign Up For Facebook
Now that Facebook is one of the largest social networks on the planet many people are wondering how to make a page on Facebook. Profiles are just fine for those looking to communicate with their friends and family, but some people want to promote their cause or a business or maybe even a band so what they need from Facebook are different tools and a set of metrics to track their progress. And that’s exactly why Facebook created their Pages feature.
Starting a page is fairly easy even for those who have a basic understanding of Facebook. What you’ll need to begin is:
- a few minutes of your time
- a desktop or laptop computer
- a reliable Internet connection.
Once you have this ready follow the steps below:
- The first thing any user who wants to make a Facebook page will want to do is pick the name and category of their page. While it’s great to be as creative as possible when making a page on Facebook, this is one area where creativity can hurt you. People will need to search for your page using Facebook’s search engine, so making your name and category easy to find will be a key part of your page’s success. Keep it short and simple.
- The next step will be to select a picture that best represents your organization. Pictures are a great way to catch people’s attention so be sure when you make a page on Facebook that you pick one that not only represents your organization, but one that will stand out from the rest of the pages in your category.
- The next step in making a page on Facebook is to fill in the basic information of your organization. Take some time to think about what your organization is about, add some basic contact info, and don’t afraid to indicate which other pages you like. This is a great way to promote yourself with similar brands and reach out to their followers.
- The next to last step in making a page on Facebook is to adjust your viewer settings. Do you need to restrict your page by country? Do you need to restrict viewing to users of a certain age? Do you want your page visible to everyone or just the other administrators? These are all questions that should be answered before make that final step.
- That final step in making a page on Facebook, is, of course, to hit “publish” and send your completed work onto the web. Once this is completed, the only task is to keep the content on the page fresh by continuously updating date with text, pictures, video, conversations with other users, or whatever else you and the other administrators feel is appropriate.