Signs Of Sex Addiction
These signs of sex addiction may occur in men and women at any age. These signs commonly occur unnoticed and the sex addiction has become more serious that one requires counseling. It pays to know the early signs of sex addiction to be able to address the problem in its early stage.
- Most signs of sex addiction go unnoticed. The mere inclination of a person to pornographic materials and very high interests in sexual acts and masturbation are some of the indicating factors that may encourage sex addiction. Children exposed to Internet pornography and pornographic materials may develop sex addiction in their youthful years.
- The mind is a powerful source for sex addiction to occur. One test that will help determine whether one may be addicted to sex is the ability to control urges. One who has the strong inclination to imagine sexual activities even during unrelated events may indicate signs of sex addiction.
- Overt acts strongly indicate signs of sex addiction. Sex addicts usually have strong mental urges thinking about sexual activities that they no longer able to function without the prospect of sex. This may show from their uncontrolled masturbation and with the frequency of engaging into sexual activities with others. Some may also engage with multiple sex partners.
- The length of time and frequency one visits pornographic sites are also good indication of sex addiction. Internet pornography is perhaps the most accessible and free source of obtaining pornographic materials. Unusual frequency of visits in a day from these sites can indicate serious signs of sex addiction.
- Sexual behavior of a person can also provide indications of sexual addiction. Forcing partners to perform unusual sexual acts, has a high level of sexual energy, wild imagination or sexual fantasies while performing sexual activities, paying prostitutes and having multiple sex partners are all signs of sex addiction.