Signs That Your Girlfriend Is Cheating
Searching for signs that your girlfriend is cheating is never a pleasant bit of business. However, unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary. You can of course come right out and ask her; but really what good would that do? If she is cheating, there is a good chance that she will not be truthful and she will just get defensive; or, if she is not cheating, you are ruining any chances at having a committed healthy relationship. So, the advice is simple. Be on the look out for any of these signs that she may be cheating. If, after a month or so of vigilant observation, you suspect that your girlfriend is cheating, confront her. However, if you can come up with not concrete evidence, drop the subject all together.
- Less overall affection. This does not necessarily mean sex; in fact the frequency of your sex life might remain the same. However, if she begins to become less affectionate in other areas, like holding hands, having intimate conversations, and cuddling, this is a sign that she is receiving this type of affection from another source.
- She needs less of your time. A sure sign that you girlfriend is cheating is that she all of a sudden has stopped seeking your time. If you no longer have to go out with her friends, accompany her on shopping trips, or go see any new chick flicks, this is not because she has had some grand epiphany on how to better treat you. It because she has found someone else to take your place.
- She stops sharing; instead she seems to be turning the focus on you, not her. A healthy, strong committed relationship is built upon a good give and take dialogue. Both parties talk equally about themselves and are active listeners. If your girlfriend suddenly stops sharing with you, this is a sign that she may be cheating. She does not want to tell you about her day, or the events that took place, because she is afraid she may slip up. So, instead, she turns the focus on you.
- Your friends start treating you differently. Friends are always the first people to know. They get caught in the middle, and do not know how to act. They do not want to see you suffer, but at the same time, they feel that there may be something wrong with putting their noses where they may not belong.
- She starts offering you odd gifts or starts doing random acts of kindness. Yes, she may just be spoiling you. However, if these things happen at random at strange times, it is very probable that she is feeling guilty; which of course is a sign that your girlfriend is cheating. To compensate for this guilt, she is trying to offer these tokens as a sort of penance.