Lebanese lamb recipes are usually served to guest. Many guests would be insulted if not served lamb, so a plate of lamb stew or being invited to a huge barbeque with Lebanese lamb shish kebabs is a real treat. In many Lebanese homes, treating the guest with honor brings many blessings from their religious beliefs. It is an honor for Lebanese families to have lots of food and many different types of food on the table for their guests. In other words, "a table fit for a king."
Lebanese Lamb Shish Kebab
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup of virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint, salt, pepper
- Make a marinade with the fresh mint, olive oil, salt and pepper. Take skewers and add one piece of meat, then one piece of onion and then one piece of red pepper.
- Keep alternating the same way all the say up the skewer. Repeat with all the remaining skewers exactly the same way as the first one.
- Brush the marinade on the Lebanese lamb shish kebab and let it rest for 30 minutes. Place the lamb shish kebab on a hot grill and cook until dark brown and done.
- Serve with yogurt salad made with cucumber and mint (recipe below). Lebanese lamb recipes are generally served to guest to make them feel valued.
Lebanese Lamb and Okra Stew
- 1/2 kilo (1 pound) lamb shoulder, cut in large 2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon
- 1/2 pound okra, ends chopped
- In a large heavy bottom pan, put the olive oil and heat. Add in the lamb pieces and the chopped onion and cook for five minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add in one liter of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium heat and add in the seasonings and the tomatoes.
- Cook the stew until the meat is tender. Add in the okra and lemon juice and cook for an additional 30 minutes. This Lebanese lamb recipe should be served over rice.
Baked Lebanese Lamb (Kofta) Recipe
- 1/2 kilo ground lamb
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tomato and 1/4 cup of water
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced
- Take the ground lamb and put in a bowl. Add in the onion, salt, pepper, one tomato and the parsley. Mix well.
- In the blender, put the other tomato and the water and blend. Add the tomato juice to the Lebanese lamb mixture slowly (using only what is necessary to moisten the meat, as in meatloaf).
- Take a greased baking dish and press the Lebanese lamb kofta mixture in the pan. Layer the sliced potatoes on top. Use salt and pepper to season the entire Lebanese lamb kofta recipe.
- Pour a little tomato juice on top of the whole dish sparingly. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the lamb dish is cooked and browned.
Lebanese Yogurt Salad Recipe
- 1 pint of yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 large cucumber
- In a mortal, crush the garlic clove with the salt and the mint. Add the ground garlic and seasonings with the yogurt.
- Cut the cucumber in small pieces and add to the yogurt mixture. On top of the Lebanese yogurt salad sprinkle some salt and mint.
- This yogurt salad is great with all the Lebanese lamb recipes in this article.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?