Simple Spaghetti Seafood Recipe
Spaghetti seafood recipes combine great tasting sauce with tender pasta and protein full seafood. This combination results in tasty nutritious dishes that you can be proud to serve your family and guests. Add some French, Italian, or garlic bread with a simple green salad and you've got a gourmet style spaghetti seafood recipe that will become a favorite comfort meal in your home.
To make simple spaghetti seafood recipes, you'll need the following ingredients.
- 2 tsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsps. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound crabmeat or imitation crabmeat
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Pour 2 tsps. of olive oil into pan until hot and then cook the garlic and onions till tender.
- Put in tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, and bay leaf. Do not cover. Simmer till reduced about one hour. Stir every once in a while. When done remove bay leaf from this simple spaghetti seafood recipe.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Heat olive oil in separate pan and place shrimp, scallops, crab meat, mushrooms, and garlic in hot oil and cook gently till shrimp is pink, and scallops turn opaque. Be careful not to overcook seafood.
- Place the seafood into the sauce and pour over the spaghetti to complete this simple spaghetti seafood recipe.