Whether you're looking a high end condo or a rural cabin, there is something for every taste and budget when looking for "Snowshoe Mountain" lodging. This West Virginia ski valley, located atop Cheat Mountain, has activities during every season, making it great not just for skiing, but as a place to escape the summer heat. Find your ideal "Snowshoe Mountain" lodging among the follow five choices.
- "Powder Monkey Townhomes" – in the center of everything. These two and three bedroom townhomes are located slopeside, next to the Powdermonkey ski lift, which offers quick access to beginner and moderate trails for skiing. It is also a short hop over to the Village for the local nightlife, making it ideal for groups not just there for the skiing. It features a full kitchen, laundry, fireplaces, decks, and a hot tub if available. When splitting the cost between the four to eight the townhomes can sleep, the price is moderate. Powder Monkey Townhomes: 10 Snowshoe Dr, Snowshoe Resort – North Mountain, Snowshoe, WV26209.
- "Soaring Eagle Lodge" – luxurious living. This property rents apartments ranging in size from studios to three bedrooms that can sleep up to eight. Amenities include full kitchens, gas fireplaces, free Wi-Fi, and lodge style furnishings. An onsite concierge service is available, onsite massuse, as well as a private wine bar, called the Hearth, a European-style grocery, and a heated parking garage. Located in the "Top of the World" lodging area means if you decide to stay here you'll have access to "Hoot's Bar and Grill", a rental facility, the newest ski trails, and the "Eagle Express", a new high-speed lift. Rated the number one luxury "Snowshoe Mountain" Lodging property by "Tripadvisor", the experience more than justifies the higher price point if its the kind of trip you're looking for. "Soaring Eagle Lodge": One Soaring Eagle Blvd., Snowshoe, WV 26209.
- "Serenity Now" – economical lodging thats great in summer and winter. This bed and breakfast in located just south of the Village, and offers a homey experience amongst the trees, for less than $150 a nice in most cases, and is a wonderful choice for skiiers not travelling in a large group. A public lounge, and house kitchen, are available to all guests. A complimentary breakfast is included, as well as equipment rentals for local activities. It is located in a prime location for skiing in the winter, and hiking, fishing, biking, swimming, and tubing in the summer. This "Snowshoe Mountain" lodge prides itself on cultivating an environment that feels comfortably homey if not strictly luxourious setting, like visiting a friend. "Serenity Now." 73 South Westridge, Snowshoe, WV, 26209.
- "The Suiza" – isolated, but luxurious cabin setting. For those who don't want to share space with strangers, prefer luxurious conditions, but would like real outdoorsy experience, this cabin is ideal. It features a rustic, but vaulted cathedral ceilings and two story high windows. It includes satellite TV, internet, wood fireplaces, a hot tub, full kitchen, dishwasher and outdoor gas grill. For any group larger than five people this getaway can be a great value, as long as you don't need to be in walking distance from the Village. It offers ski in/ski out for Cupp Run, but you will need to drive to any other Snowshoe Mountain skiing. "The Suiza": Northwest Ridge 119. Snowshoe, WV, 26209.
- "Sunrise Backcountry Hut". For those looking for a truly unique "Snowshoe Mountain" lodging experience, you can't miss the "Backcountry Hut". Located two miles outside the "Village", nestled among the tall Spruce tree, this location operates primarily as a small rentable restaurant, serving hearty mountain menu favorites. This cabin can handle up to eight guests for overnight stays. At $999 a night, it is pricey, but includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, some alchoholic beverages and transportation to and away from "The Hut" in a 1950s-era ambulance. If you want adventure, you can't beat a place that requires a waiver before you can make the fifteen-minute windy mountain ride to visit. "Sunrise Backcountry Hut": 10 Snowshoe Dr, Snowshoe Resort,Snowshoe, WV 26209.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …