Skin tag removal at home is not as difficult as you may think. It requires a few simple steps that you can do in a few minutes. What is a skin tag? A skin tag is a benign growth that protrudes from the skin. They are painless, unattractive and can become irritated over time. Thus, it is a good idea to remove them quickly.
Items you need to remove skin tags at home.
- Q-tip/cotton ball
- Dental floss
- Nail clip or scissors
- Castor oil
- Baking soda
- Wart remover
- Examine the skin tag. Do this to make sure that the growth on your skin is a skin tag. It should be small and soft. They are usually the same color of your skin or slightly darker. If the growth on your skin is larger than a half inch, you might be dealing with another type of skin growth.
- Take a dental floss and tie the floss around the root of the skin tag. Tying the floss around the skin tag cuts off the skin tag blood supply and causes the skin tag to come off on its own. You can also take a clean nail clipper or a sharp scissors and cut off the skin tag after you tie the root with the dental floss. This procedure is similar to a prick so relatively painless. This step is also similar to what a doctor will do in his office if you were to visit, except your doctor uses thread rather than dental floss.
- Wipe the skin tag area with hydrogen peroxide or antibacterial ointment to help the area healed properly. After you remove the skin tag, you should not have any more develop in the same area. If you do notice additional skin tag in the same area, consult your doctor as this might be indicative of something more serious.
- Mix castor oil and baking soda together to form a thick paste. Apply the mixture several times daily to the skin tag with a cotton ball or Q-tip. The skin tag will dry up in about two weeks.
- Go to your favorite pharmacy or retailer. Buy an over-the-counter cryotherapy product such "Dr. Scholl's Wart Remover." Follow the manufacturer’s direction and apply the product to your skin tag. The wart remover is effective in removing the skin tag because it freezes the skin tag, which eventually falls off.
Although skin tag removal at home is safe in most cases, removal of skin at home can be dangerous, especially when you cut the skin tag off. It may lead to infection and bleeding if not done properly. Additionally, some condition maybe similar to skin tags, such as moles, warts, melanomas and seborrheic keratoses.It is important to identify the skin growth prior to removal. If in doubt, contact your doctor for identification and methods of skin tag removal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!