If you want to learn about skinning catfish, the five tips here can help you to give it your best. Catfish, one of the delicacies of the South, is fun to catch and even more fun to eat. However, between the catching and the eating, you will need to learn how to skin the fish properly so that it can be cooked. Skinning a fish can be difficult, even more so when it's a catfish. They can pretend to be dead and then suddenly protest when you are beginning the skinning process.
- Be certain that the catfish is dead. If you are unsure, you can always take a hammer and hit the catfish in the head between the eyes.
- Get all of your tools on hand before you begin. You will need a sharp knife, a long board, a hammer, pliers, a long nail and some thick gloves. Do not begin the skinning process until you have all your tools set out and you are sure that you have everything you need.
- Do the cleaning and the skinning at the same time. One of the worst parts about skinning fish is having to clean up after yourself. Keep a large bucket on hand for waste disposal so that you can clean as you go and save time.
- Sharpen you knife before you begin. Using a dull knife for skinning catfish will make the skinning process much more difficult. By using a freshly sharpened knife, you can make the process much more efficient and avoid any injury to yourself.
- Anchor your workspace. A flat piece of plywood is a great surface for skinning catfish, but if it is not secured, you can end up injuring yourself in the process. Either use a secure table for skinning catfish or attach your wood to sawhorses to make sure that it is stable.
By using these tips, you should be able to skin your catfish with ease and work your way towards a delicious catfish dinner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.