Skype On Android
You can use Skype on Android phones to make free calls from Skype to Skype and avoid paying for extra minutes through Verizon. Skype is available for free when you download it from the Android App Marketplace. It’s like the iTunes app store, but for Droids only.
You will need:
- Android phone
- Internet connection
- Go to the Android Marketplace and download Skype. It’s a free app that you can download anywhere you have access to the internet.
- Launch Skype on your Android. Sign into your account if you already have one, or click the “Create an Account” button to input new login details. Once you have an account, your contacts will be imported if you click the “Sync All” button under the Account Sync Settings.
- Make a Skype call for free. Click on a contact who has Skype. Click the “Call” button and Skype will place your call.
- Purchase credits to make non-Skype calls. Under the “My Info” icon, you’ll need to go to “Skype Credit.” This will open up your internet browser so you can make a purchase through the Skype store.
- Use Skype controls the same way you would on a computer. That means you can block and remove contacts by clicking buttons with those labels on it.
- Chat with other Skype users on your Skype on Android app. You’ll automatically receive chats, and you can press the “chat” button next to a contact’s name to chat them up first.
- Take calls during Skype calls in progress. You don’t have to get off of Skype to take an incoming call from your Verizon service. Just press “Hold” to hold the call, and let your friend know that you just received another call. Don’t be rude just because the technology allows you to be that way!
- Close out of Skype when you’re finished using it. This will prevent you from receiving any other Skype calls or chats.