Skype For Windows Mobile
Wondering where to get Skype for Windows Mobile? While Skype is no longer supported on Windows Mobile phones, that doesn't mean that you can't find Skype in order to get in touch with everyone you can. Skype began as a way for people to speak to others online, through video chat or vide conferencing. The product is free to download to your computer and allowed for family and friends to talk to each other without incurring huge long distance fees (especially if family or friends are in another country).
With the growth of the mobile community, support for such applications for mobile users seemed esential and even more important that what they were getting on laptops or desktops. Skype now has mobile downloads for Blackberry and Android phones, but has since stopped the support for Windows mobile.
In order to get Skype on Windows mobile, you will of course need:
- a Windows mobile phone (either 5.x or 6.x, with x being the version)
- Wi-Fi/mobile Internet connection (on phone) or a computer with Internet access
There are two ways that you can download skype for Windows mobile -
- Go the main Skype website
- From the top selections, chose the 'get skype' option. When the drop down appears, chose 'other phones'
- On the 'other phones' page, select your phone from the listing at the bottom.
As noted, because Windows mobile is no longer supported, you may not be able to find your phone from the listing at the bottom. No worries, as the second way to get skype for Windows mobile is to head to download.com.
- Go to download.com
- In the search bar, type in skype for windows mobile.
- Find the application and click on it.
- Find the large download button, click it, and wait for your product to download.
- Wait until Skype has been installed on your phone or PC (if you are downloading from your computer).
With your phone in hand, follow these steps to use Skype for Windows Mobile:
- Locate the Skype icon and press it to begin Skype.
- Type in your Skype username and password. If you don't have one, you can easily sign up either via your phone or computer
- If on your computer, enter in the contacts that you know are using Skype; the same is true for your mobile version.
- Locate a person who is currently using Skype (or notify someone that you are using Skype) and begin using the program.
Despite no longer being supported, skype for Windows mobile is still a popular application to have, especially for Windows mobile phone users. With the release of the Windows 7 phone, there may be support that will come from Skype in regards to this new mobile OS system from Microsoft Windows. Be aware that because this product is no longer being supported, any issues that may arise may not be solved by the official technical support office at Skype.