Turn that left over shredded chicken or ground beef into a tantalizing sandwich with the perfect Sloppy Joe sauce recipe. Sloppy Joe sauce is the perfect mixture of spices and tomatoes that gives a tangy flavor to beef, turkey, or chicken. Add Sloppy Joe sauce to cook meat and serve on a toasted bun for a quick easy crowd pleasing meal.
To make Sloppy Joe sauce, you will need:
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne or black pepper, to taste
- Make Sloppy Joe sauce. Combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the ground mustard and the onion powder and mix. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and pepper slowly, mix, and taste. Add more a little at a time to get the desired taste. Mix well.
- Make Sloppy Joe sandwiches. Chop a small onion and place in a tablespoon of hot olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the onions until tender. Add the ground meat to the onion mixture. Add a teaspoon of salt (per pound of meat) to the skillet over the meat. Brown the meat thoroughly stirring frequently.
- Add the Sloppy Joe sauce. When the meat is thoroughly cooked, pour the Sloppy Joe sauce over the meat and lower the heat to a simmer. Mix well and simmer for five minutes. While the Sloppy Joe meat is simmering, lightly toast the buns. Fill the bottom half of each bun with a generous scoop of Sloppy Joe meat, add a slice of your favorite cheese, cover with the top half of the bun and serve.
- To spice up the Sloppy Joe sauce, add chile powder or hot taco sauce to taste.
- When adding Sloppy Joe sauce to the cooked meat, make sure the heat is low to avoid scorching the sauce and ruining the flavor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!