Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
A slow cooker chicken recipe is the very best thing to whip up in your crock pot now that there's a winter chill. Chicken is a very easy ingredient to add to a slow cooker recipe to make it a good and hearty full meal. With many slow cooker chicken recipes to choose from, though, which one do you try? Why, this one, of course.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in large chunks
- 1 12-ounce jar of chicken gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (do not add additional water)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (pick one with green beans, peas, carrots, and corn)
- 1 small rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 frozen biscuits or refrigerator biscuits
- Layer the chicken and the onion and celery in the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix together the soup, gravy, and seasonings together in a separate bowl, then pour it into the slow cooker with the chicken. If you want the slow cooker chicken recipe to cook faster, then you can use boneless chicken breasts and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cover and cook the chicken recipe on low 5 to 6 hours. Leaving the lid on without checking on the chicken will allow it to cook more evenly. Try to resist the urge to see how it's doing. If you're out of the house, that's even better.
- Add the thawed mixed vegetables. Turn the slow cooker to HIGH, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Multi-task the biscuit baking. While you're waiting for the final timing on the vegetables, remove the biscuits from the refrigerator and bake them in the oven according to the package directions. When they are done, you can split them in half with a fork and place them torn-side down on the chicken recipe from the slow cooker.