Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
Serve the perfect moist and tender pork roast by following this slow cooker pork roast recipe. Slice the pork roast and serve with pasta, rice, vegetables, or potatoes. Pork roast made in the slow cooker shreds easily with a fork to make tasty shredded barbecue pork sandwiches.
To slow cook pork roast, you will need:
- 4 pound boneless Pork roast
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Rinse the pork roast. Remove the pork roast from the package and rinse in clear water. Sprinkle the roast with garlic powder.
- Cook the pork. Pour a cup of water into the bottom of the slow cooker and add the chopped onions. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and cover with a lid. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- Pork Roast dinner. Remove the pork roast from the slow cooker and place on a platter. Slice the pork roast like a loaf of bread. Surround the pork roast with cooked vegetables. Remove the cooking juices from the bottom of the slow cooker and spoon over the meat and vegetables and serve.
- Make slow cooked pork roast sandwiches. Remove the pork roast from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board or large plate one hour before serving. Drain the cooking juices from the bottom of the slow cooker and discard. Use a fork and knife to shred the pork roast. Place the shredded pork in the slow cooker and add 10 to 16 ounces of barbecue sauce to the meat. Mix thoroughly and cook for one hour. Lightly toast sandwich buns or rolls, fill with shredded barbecue pork, and serve.
Tips: When serving the pork roast sliced, add your favorite vegetable into bit size pieces to the bottom of the slow cooker and place the roast on top. Your entire meal is cooked in one pot. Use caution when handling the glass lid to the slow cooker, it gets very hot.