Slow Cooker Stew Recipe
There are many good slow cooker stew recipes for any prospective cook to choose from. The trick is finding the absolute best ones from amidst the hodge-podge of different styles, ingredients and classifications of recipes. For slow cooker recipes, there really is no way to go wrong. The purpose of a slow cooker is to cook something slowly for an extended period of time in order to preserve the optimal level of taste from the ingredients.
In order to utilize the best possible slow-cooker recipe, the only things that you will need are the ingredients and the slow cooker itself. One particularly good and simple slow-cooker recipe is the recipe for Easy Potatoes. All you need for this delicious and simple dish is the following.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz.) container of sour cream
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut in small cubes
- For this recipe to work, all you need to do is mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker for seven to nine hours or until the potatoes are soft.
Though, this recipe is really more for a side dish. There are also ways to make entire meals out of a simple slow cooker recipe. One of these includes a Crock Pot pork chop recipe. For this recipe, all that you will need are the following ingredients.
- 6 Pork Chops (comes out to about 1.5 pounds or so but you can do more or less to your needs)
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 Medium onion sliced (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Can (10-3/4 oz.) Condensed cream of celery soup
- pepper, to taste
- dry boxed stuffing mix, optional, see instructions
- Once you have all the ingredients together, all you need to do is combine all of the ingredients and cook on your slow cooker for around 8 hours. This makes the meat very tender and allows it to soak up all of the ingredients to preserve their taste.
There are many easy and delicious slow cooker recipes to choose from. All that you need to do is decide what you want in the stew, and it can be made easily.